Avocados are a wonder food! They are packed full of heart healthy fats and skin loving nutrients. They are amazing on almost any meal! Dessert, breakfast, dinner…there’s no excuse to not get your daily dose of avocado!
Here are some reasons why you should love the wonderful avocado!
- They’re nutrient dense- they contain so many vital nutrients you could pretty much live on them!
- They’re full of healthy fats- avocados contain heart healthy unsaturated fats. Eating them is better than eating a low fat diet for heart health.
- They contain lutein and zeaxanthin- these are antioxidants which have been shown to support eye health.
- Avocado is the best fast food- it already has a bowl! All you need is a knife and a spoon and you have a healthy fast food snack (or meal if it’s between that or a sandwich from the supermarket!)
- They make smoothies creamy, thick and delicious! You can even make chocolate mousse out of them! Just add some honey and cacao and you’ve got a delicious creamy dessert :-)
- They help regulate cholesterol- avocados are the richest known fruit source of phytosterols, a natural plant compound that competes with dietary cholesterol absorption.
- They’re great if pregnant- avocados contain folate, vitamin E, B vitamins, iron, choline and fibre needed for both yourself and your growing baby, from conception to pregnancy and beyond!
- There are so many ways to eat them- we think eating them raw with a squeeze of lemon, some himalayan salt, black pepper and chilli flakes is the best way to eat them, but you can grill them with an egg in the middle, add to smoothies, spread on rye bread, make into desserts, the list goes on!
So if you didn’t love avocados before, I hope you do now!