Who doesn't love a gorgeous warm bowl of porridge on a cold morning? Porridge is such a quick and easy breakfast option. It's best to cook porridge for a while on a low heat, but if you are in a rush, whack the heat up and it will cook in minutes, but won't be as creamy.
Oats are full of fibre and have been shown to help lower cholesterol levels. The coconut is full of good quality fats, and the raspberries give you some powerful antioxidants. If you're using the protein powder, make sure you add it once you have taken the porridge off the heat.
- 50g jumbo rolled oats
- 1 inch creamed coconut (the solid stuff!)
- 1 handful raspberries (can be frozen)
- 1-2 tsp organic maple syrup
- 1 cup filtered water
- Optional- 1 scoop natural protein powder (I use Sunwarrior chocolate)
- Place the oats, creamed coconut and water in a saucepan and cook on a low heat for 10min (add more water if you would like it thinner).
- Once cooked, transfer into a bowl and add all the other ingredients and mix.
- Enjoy :-)
If you would like to keep up to date with blogs and recipes, please fill out the form below to sign up to my newsletter.