Happy Valentines Day!
Forget the unhealthy chocolates and desserts! This chocolate cake is the perfect romantic dessert to treat you, your loved one and your body! Full of nutrients, wonderful texture and rich chocolatyness!
Enjoy on its own or with some homemade 100% banana ice cream :-)
- 220g mixed nuts and seeds (I used what I had left in the fridge…yes I keep nuts in the fridge!)
- 450g medjool dates
- 100% sugar free chocolate (or 85% dark chocolate if you can’t get sugar free)
- 1 orange juice and zest
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 organic eggs
- 4 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and cover a cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the nuts and seeds in the food processor and blitz until they’re flour like.
- Slowly add the dates a few at a time until everything’s mixd together.
- Then add all the other ingredients and blitz for a minute or two (you may need to scrap down the sides.
- Transfer the cake mixture into the tin and bake for about an hour.
- Let the cake cool and either eat as it is, or dust with coconut flour and top with berries.
- Enjoy :-)