This is the first none vegetarian recipe on my website! Although most of my food is vegan and plant based, I do eat meat. However, I am very picky about where I get my meat from! I like to know what it has been fed and the quality of life the animal has had. As I buy such good quality meat, naturally it is much more expensive! Because of this, and because I believe in a more plant based lifestyle, I only eat meat on average twice a week. I get my meat from a local organic farm shop (Manor Farm) in Long Whatton, Leicestershire.
This is a great recipe for when friends come over, or for a lazy Saturday night watching a film with the family!
- 2 organic chicken breasts cut into strips
- 100g gluten free bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- pinch himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 eggs- beaten
- 2 tbsp rice flour or gluten free flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a food processor, add the garlic, bread, salt and paprika and blitz until fine breadcrumbs are made.
- Place the beaten eggs, breadcrumbs, flour and chicken all in 4 separate bowls.
- One at a time, dip the chicken into the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Make sure they are thoroughly coated.
- Place them in a baking dish and bake for 25-30min, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with sweet potato chips and salad :-)