You don’t have to go on a full on detox plan to help your body detox. Yes, I know your body is detoxing all the time, and many people think there’s no point in ‘detoxing’, however you need certain vitamins, minerals and amino acids to aid phase 1 and phase 2 detoxification in the liver…so I totally disagree!
The below image shows the detoxification pathways in the liver, so you can see all the nutrients required. If you are not getting enough of these nutrients, detoxification will be compromised. If this happens you will start to feel fatigued, get headaches, have difficulty losing weight, and much more.
It is also important your gut is working optimally as this is one of the main areas of excreting toxins. If you are not ‘going’ everyday, toxins will be reabsorbed into the body.
Below are 5 easy steps to help your body detoxify everyday-
- Drink lots of filtered water! Aim for 3 litres or more a day!
- Sweat! Exercise every day, even if it’s just a 10min power walk!
- Eat lots of green veggies such as broccoli, cabbage, kale spinach etc.
- Drink warm water and lemon as soon as you get up in the morning.
- Have a bath with Epsom salts in the evening. This will also help you sleep, which is also very important for detoxification.
If you would like to learn more about what, why and how to detox, my e-book explains it all. It also gives you more tips on detoxing everyday, as well as information on how to detox your environment, supplements for detox, easy swaps, meal plans and recipes.
Click HERE to purchase it for the bargain price of £9.99 (usually £19.99).
If you would like to keep up to date with blogs and recipes, please fill out the form below to sign up to my newsletter.