I was so excited when I created this recipe. It took about 5 min to make, very few ingredients and is so delicious!
It is vegan, refined sugar free, dairy free, gluten free.....and guilt free! The chick peas are high in protein and fibre which reduces any insulin response from the coconut sugar, as well as helping to keep you regular! The cacao, as I often mention, its full of nutrients including magnesium, and the nut butter gives you some essential, heart healthy, fats.
These are perfect if you have limited time, fancy something sweet or have friends coming over!
- 1 can/tetra pak chickpeas
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp nut butter (any nut butter would work, but make sure it’s natural an d100% nuts!)
- Optional- dusting of cacao
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or high speed blender.
- Whiz together until the mixture clumps together into a ball.
- Using a teaspoon, make little truffle sized balls.
- Place them onto a plate and using a sieve,dust with cacao.
If you would like to keep up to date with blogs and recipes, please fill out the form below to sign up to my newsletter.