If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you have probably realised I love chocolate!! Even though I follow a wholefood way of living, it doesn't mean I have to miss out!
This chocolate tart is so quick and easy to make. Plus, it was a hit with my family, so it passed that test :-)
You can also leave the base and just have the filling which will be like a chocolate mousse!
I would serve this with homemade banana ice cream, or coconut yogurt (or coconut frozen yoghurt!).
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 20 medjool dates (make sure they contain no preservatives)
- Enough raw organic honey/organic maple syrup to bind it all together
- 1 avocado
- 2 bananas
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla essence (try for one with no alcohol)
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder (unsweetened cocoa powder will be ok)
- 6 medjool dates
- Raw organic honey/organic maple syrup to taste
- Place all of the base ingredients into a food processor and process until it will bind together.
- Tip the base into a lined cake tin and press down with a spoon (or fingers).
- Place all the filling ingredients into the food processor and process until smooth. Taste and add more honey if needed.
- Empty the filling on top of the base and ideally freeze (I didn’t have enough room in the freezer, so just put it in the fridge. It wasn’t set, but more mousse like).
- Take it out of the freezer 30 min before you want to eat it.
- Enjoy ☺