Juicing is one of the easiest ways to make yourself much healthier. They are nutrient powerhouses all in one glass! You can fit as many vegetables as you’d eat in one day into just one juice, one meal! Think 4 broccoli florets, 1/2 cabbage, 2 handfuls spinach, 3 celery sticks, 1 cucumber, 1 apple, 1 lemon, handful of parsley….do you eat all of these in one meal every day, regularly? Didn’t think so! But juicing makes this doable and easy.
It can have an immediate effect on your body and state of mind, as well as long lasting positive effects.
Everyone can benefit from eating more vegetables and fruits, but a lot of people don’t like them! That is why juicing is great, instead of eating them, try drinking them! Doesn’t sound much better…… but try mixing broccoli and spinach with apples and pineapple, and you won’t even know you’re drinking your greens!
Everyone should be aiming for about 7-9 portions of vegetables and fruits a day, but most people struggle to even get 5. And even some of those 5 may be from highly processed, canned or fried foods, rather than whole, raw organic which are bursting with healthy nutrients.
Not only are juices bursting with nutrients, but they are very easily digested and absorbed into the body. Your body hasn’t got to break them down into liquid form to get the nutrients out, they are already there and waiting! Juicing beaks down the cell walls of fruits and vegetables so they are already pre-digested. They are perfect if you suffer from digestive or mal-absorption issues.
Not everyone has to do a whole juice cleanse or detox to see benefits either (although it is a great way to reset your system), just one or two juices added into your daily routine will help to set you on course to optimal health.
Benefits of juicing
- Easy and fast way of getting your 7-9 a day- in one juice you can pack in 7 portions of vegetables and fruits!
- Boosts energy levels because of all the nutrients! People say you are what you eat, but you are what you absorb. These nutrients you absorb are your fuel, and without the right fuel the body cannot function at its best. Juices are packed with vitamins and minerals that are vital for us to create energy.
- Helps you think clearer and improves concentration due to the massive boost in nutrients.
- Easy, absorbable nutrients. This is because the juicer does all the hard work for you!
- Oxygenates the body due to the extra chlorophyll (what makes plants green). Chlorophyll helps neutralise the pollution we breath in every day.
- Circulation improves due to the chlorophyll. Haemoglobin count is elevated and circulation improves as a result (as well as energy levels).
If you would like to keep up to date with recipes and blogs, please fill out the form below to sign up to my newsletter.