This is such a quick and easy recipe if you need a quick snack for the week. It takes about 5min to prepare and then just 10min in the oven!
It's super high in fibre due to the rolled oats, naturally sweetened and also has some essential fats and protein from the macadamia nuts.
Enjoy on it's own as a snack, breakfast on the go, or as a dessert with homemade banana ice cream :-)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp liquid sweetener (eg. honey, maple syrup etc)
- 3 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cups jumbo rolled oats
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the coconut oil, sweetener, dates and vanilla bean powder into a saucepan and heat until the dates begin to dissolve into the mixture. Using the back of a spoon, try to break them down (they don’t have to completely dissolve).
- Add in the nuts and oats to the saucepan and take it off the heat. Mix it all together so the oats are fully coated.
- Place the mixture into a dish and place in the oven for 10min or until it starts to turn golden on top.
- Leave to cool to allow the coconut oil to harden (if it’s not cool, it will be soft and won’t stick together)
- Enjoy :-)