- Heat some water in a saucepan and place a large glass bowl on top to make a bain marie. Make sure the glass bowl isn’t touching the water below. The steam will be heating the glass bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, cacao (sieved if you don't want any clumps!) and maple syrup and stir until the coconut oil has fully melted and the whole mixture is smooth.
- Take the bowl off the heat and keep stirring. The mixture will get thicker as it cools.
- Now to make the cream
- Drain and rinse the almonds then place into a blender with the cup of water, brown rice syrup and vanilla powder.
- Blend until the mixture is as smooth as you can get it. It should be thick and creamy!
Putting it all together!
- Unroll the cake. It should have cooled in the roll so will be curling up at the sides.
- Spread the ganache evenly on the inside of the cake.
- Gently roll the cake back up, carefully taking the grease proof paper off at the same time.
- Once rolled, spread the almond cream all over the top and sides.
- Sprinkle with some cacao and/or coconut flour.
- Decorate with some santas, snowmen, christmas trees etc! I wanted to do this but didn’t have any!!
- Enjoy!! :-)
NB. You could put the almond cream inside the log and the ganache over the top. I think this would be just as good, plus you would then be able to see the swirls of the roll much better because of the brown/white contrast.