- ½-1inch ginger (depending on your taste buds)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 shallots (or 1 onion)
- 1 red chilli
- 1 lemon grass
- 250g shell off raw prawns*
- 100g Rice noodles
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 6 florets broccoli
- 200g mange tout
- 100g baby sweetcorn
- Filtered water- enough to cover all the vegetables and prawns
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- Add lots of water to a pan. Aim for about half the pan to begin with and keep topping it up when needed.
- Chop the ginger, garlic, shallots and chilli and crush the lemon grass (keeping it pretty much whole) and place in the water to simmer for about 15 min.
- Once you feel the liquid has flavoured enough, add the vegetables and rice noodles and turn down to a low heat to soften them (but not fully cook the vegetables…we want as many nutrients as possible!). This should take about 5 min.
- Next add in your prawns for a couple of minutes until cooked.
- Serve in bowls with an optional sprinkle of fresh coriander.
* If you are vegetarian you can swap the prawns for organic tofu or tempeh. If you’re using tempeh, steam for 10-15min before adding into the soup.